WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network Fellowships 2021 – now open
Applications for the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network (WACPCN) Cancer Fellowships 2021 program are now open.
WACPCN Cancer Fellowships assists medical practitioners to expand their experience and skills with the ultimate aim of improving health outcomes for cancer patients. Fellowships help medical practitioners develop their research capability, undertake high quality research, and/or acquire specialised clinical skills that cannot be funded through the usual clinical pathways.
Funding is offered for two streams:
• Research Stream. Projects should address relevant contemporary challenges faced by WA Health and outline the pathway(s) to translation and implementation of research findings in WA. Research project topics may be wide-ranging and include basic science, population health, health service, health system organisation research and/or focus on vulnerable groups
• Training Stream may include:
1. undertaking a qualification administered through a tertiary educational facility;
2. on the job training provided within a hospital department under the direction of a Specialist to learn new techniques, skills and/or approaches to screening, diagnosis and clinical care; or
3. a combination of the above.
Fellowships will be awarded on merit in open competition, based on a process of evaluation against the eligibility and assessment criteria. Fellowships are usually granted as a 1.0 full time equivalent post. Part time fellowships at 0.5 FTE or greater will be considered.
The WACPCN Policy Unit acknowledges that efforts are currently focused on the COVID-19 response therefore all efforts have been made to extend the application due date for as long as possible whilst still ensuring appointments can be made in time for the 2021 Registrar year.
Further information including the Guidelines for Applicants and Application Form is available on the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network Cancer Fellowships webpage.
Applications must be submitted through MedJobsWA.
Applications close 1.00 pm Wednesday 24 June.
For advice on submitting applications contact the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network Policy Unit at WACPCN.PolicyUnit@health.wa.gov.au