Skip to main content

Alert for GP fellows without specialist registration

Commonwealth Government changes to the Health Insurance Act 1973, mean access to Medicare rebates is linked to specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia.

If you want to maintain your access to Medicare and your patients’ access to rebates, you need to apply now for specialist registration as a general practitioner with the Medical Board.

Please see the link below to APHRA where you will find further information and how to change registration to Specialist.

Medical Board of Australia – Specialist Registration

Alisha Small

Author Alisha Small

My name is Alisha and I am the Program Coordinator for the PHPN. I am based in Karratha at the RCS and WACRH offices however, I travel regularly throughout the Pilbara.

More posts by Alisha Small