Valuable conversations: Applying TICP and MI to alcohol use during pregnancy – Karratha
4 May - 5 May
The Valuable Conversations training covers the following:
• Reflective practice to identify areas of practice that require development for improved client
engagement and outcomes.
• Trauma Informed Care and Practice (TICP) to consider the broader context in which alcohol
use may be occuring.
• Motivational Interviewing (MI) to develop compassion, acceptance, partnership and
evocation (Spirit of MI).
• Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) prevention in the context of the National Strategic
Action Plan and a holistic prevention framework.
• Brief Intervention (BI) to combine course content with skills practice using the AUDIT-C and
This is not an introductory course to FASD and does not provide information on FASD diagnosis
or treatment. Prior FASD knowledge is highly desirable but not compulsory. Please contact Dionne to
discuss other learning opportunities prior to this event.
Presented by: Workforce Development, Mental Health Commission