DESMOND Type 2 Workshop – South Hedland
4 December @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
A FREE workshop designed to support people living with type 2 diabetes.
The abbreviation DESMOND stands for Diabetes Education and Self Management for Ongoing and Newly Diagnosed. The program recognises that there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to diabetes management. It is intended to provide you with a welcoming and non-judgmental space where you can plan how you would like to manage your diabetes.
This fundamental workshop has demonstrated benefits for participants in both Australia and the UK. Results have shown that DESMOND can help you to:
- Lower your HbA1c
- Develop a better understanding of diabetes
- Improve your physical activity levels
- Take steps to lose weight
- Take steps to quit smoking
- Reduce your risk of depression
- Improve your overall health.
For more information and visit Diabetes WA
For bookings Click Here
Location of event is provided once booking is complete.